Flurry Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set Flurry live as an Ad Network on the Supersonic Mediation platform. The integration process is completed in 5 simple steps:
- Create a Flurry account
- Create an Application on Flurry
- Create an Ad Space on Flurry
- Activate Flurry in Your Supersonic Network Setup Module
- Add the Flurry Adapter to Your Build
Before You Start
Make sure you have correctly integrated Supersonic Rewarded Video into your application. Integration is outlined here.
Step 1. Create a Flurry Account
- Create an account with Flurry. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified, you can log in at their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application on Flurry
- Once you log in, select ‘Add a New Application’ on the right side of the main page.
- Select the Platform your application is on.
- Enter your App Name & Category, then press ‘Create App’.
- Once your application has been completed, you will see a success confirmation and your unique Application Key will be presented.
Note: You will need a unique Flurry application per platform (iOS + Android) just like you do with your Supersonic account.
Step 3. Create an Ad Space on Flurry
After your application is successfully created, you will next create an Ad Space. To do so:
- Select ‘Publishers’ from the main navigation.
- Select ‘Ad Spaces’ under ‘Inventory’ on the left-hand panel. Click ‘New Ad Space’ on the right once the option is available.
- Once you’re on the Ad Space wizard, enter your information in the following fields:
- Name – Give your Ad Space a clear name.
- Application – Select the Application this Ad Space will apply to.
- Placement – Select ‘Full Screen’, this is required in order to serve Video.
- Open the ‘Flurry for Advertisers Network’ drop-down menu:
- Select Ad Mix – Select Client-side Rewarded. This will ensure you get Rewarded Video content.
- Select Ad Types To Show – Select ‘Clips Video’.
Important! This is necessary to ensure you only get video content and not static Interstitial content in your Video Ads.
- Video Ad Autoplay – Select ‘Autoplay’. This will make sure videos automatically play when presented to users. This will generate higher performance from Flurry Videos.
- Flurry for Advertisers Backfill – Select ‘Yes’. This will ensure only video content is returned.
- Ad Preview – This setting is only enforced on test Ads. It doesn’t affect ‘Live’ inventory.
- Finally, open the ‘Flurry RTB Marketplace’ drop-down menu:
- RTB Backfill: Select ‘No’.
- RTB Backfill: Select ‘No’.
Once you’re finished, click ‘Save Ad Space’.
Step 4. Activate Flurry in Your Supersonic Network Setup Module
There are 3 pieces of data from the Flurry account which need to be inserted into your Supersonic Network Setup Module in order for Flurry to work correctly in connection with Supersonic:
|API Access Code||This is a unique identifier for your Flurry account.|
|Ad Space||This is the Ad Space name in your Flurry account to which Ads will be delivered.|
|API Key||This is the same unique application identifier which was presented to you after you first created your application.|
Once you obtain this information, you must configure Flurry Parameters in your Supersonic Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of Flurry’s ad inventory and reporting data on Supersonic’s Mediation platform.
API Access Code
To get access to the API Access Code, go to ‘Manage’ in the top navigation bar and select ‘Enable API Access’.
Afterwards you will be presented with the API Access Code.
To get access to the Ad Space name, go to ‘Publishers’ ➣ ‘Inventory‘ ➣ ‘Ad Spaces‘. You will then see a list of your Ad Spaces. Copy the name of the Ad Space you want to use in conjunction with your Supersonic Rewarded Video Mediation.
- API Key
The API Key was first presented to you when your application was created. To retrieve the value again, Go to ‘Applications’ in the main navigation, then: Select your app ➣ ‘Manage’ ➣ ‘App Info’. The API Key will then be presented.
Configure Flurry’s Parameters into Supersonic Account
Once you have both of these parameters, log in to your Supersonic account and go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘Network Setup‘.
Select Flurry from the list of available Ad Networks and input the Flurry ‘API Access Code‘ , ‘API Key‘ and ‘Ad Space‘ in the relevant fields.
Step 5. Add the Flurry Adapter to Your Build
- Download the Flurry Adapter:
This will add the Flurry Adapter to your build. You can find the latest Flurry Adapter here.
- Add the Flurry frameworks to your project:
After you download the Adapter; unzip it, and drop both SDK & Adapter frameworks into your Xcode Project.
- Drag SUFlurryAdapter.framework into your Xcode project.
- Drag libFlurry_6.x.x.a and libFlurryAds_6.x.x.a into your Xcode project.
- Adding Required Frameworks:
- Go to Targets ➣ Build Phases ➣ Link Binary With Libraries.
Click ‘+’ to add the following frameworks:
Verify Your Ad-Network Integration
The Supersonic SDK provides an easy way to verify that your Rewarded Video Mediation integration was completed successfully. To verify your Supersonic and additional Ad Networks integration, follow this document.
You are now all set to deliver Flurry Ads within your application!
To add additional Rewarded Video Ad networks, follow the integration guides on our Supported Ad Networks list.