AppLovin Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set AppLovin live as an Ad Network on the Supersonic Mediation platform. The integration process is completed in 5 simple steps:
- Create an AppLovin account
- Retrieve Your AppLovin SDK/Application Key
- Activate AppLovin in Your Supersonic Network Setup Module
- Add the AppLovin SDK to Your Build
- Configure Rewarded Video in AppLovin Admin
Before You Start
Make sure you have correctly integrated Supersonic Rewarded Video into your application. Integration is outlined here.
Step 1. Create an AppLovin Account
- Create an account with AppLovin. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified you can login at their partner login here.
Step 2. Retrieve Your AppLovin SDK/Application Key
AppLovin automatically creates an application in your account after the first Ad Request is made with their SDK in your app, so you don’t need to specifically create one on their Admin site. The App name in your account will be the same as the app name defined in your supersonic.config file (Android) and/or Plist file (iOS).
The next step is to grab your ‘SDK Key‘ from your AppLovin account and add the AppLovin Adapter to your build.
- Log in to your AppLovin account and select ‘Get Started’
- Select the Platform your application is built on
- On the following page you will see your ‘SDK Key‘ listed
With this Key in hand, you can easily add AppLovin to your Supersonic account.
Step 3. Activate AppLovin in Your Supersonic Network Setup Module
There are 2 pieces of data from the AppLovin account which need to be inserted into your Supersonic Network Setup Module in order for AppLovin to work correctly in connection with Supersonic:
|Report Key||This is a unique identifier for your AppLovin account, which allows your Supersonic Mediation Platform to import performance data from your AppLovin account to use in reporting & optimization.|
|SDK Key||This is a unique identifier for your AppLovin account. This is used by the Supersonic Mediation SDK to Init the AppLovin Adapter for your apps.|
Once you obtain this information, you must configure the AppLovin parameters in your Supersonic Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of AppLovin’s ad inventory and reporting data on Supersonic’s Mediation platform.
To find the ‘Report Key‘, go to the ‘Account‘ tab and select ‘Keys‘ from the left side menu.
To find the ‘SDK Key‘, go to the ‘Account‘ tab and select ‘Keys‘ from the left side menu.
Configure AppLovin’s Parameters into Supersonic Account
Once you have both of these parameters, log in to your Supersonic account and go to’Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘Network Setup‘.
Select AppLovin from the list of available Ad Networks and input the AppLovin ‘Report Key‘ and ‘SDK Key‘ in the relevant fields.
Step 4. Add the AppLovin Adapter to Your Build
- Download the AppLovin Adapter:
This will add the AppLovin Adapter to your build. You can find the latest AppLovin Adapter here.
- Add the AppLovin frameworks to your Project:
After you download the Adapter; unzip it, and drop both SDK & Adapter frameworks into your Xcode Project.
- Drag SUApplovinAdapater.framework into your Xcode project.
- Drag the libAppLovinSdk.a file and headers folder into your Xcode project.
- Add Required Frameworks:
Go to Targets ➣ Build Phases ➣ Link Binary With Libraries.
Click ‘+’ to add the following frameworks:
- Enable Xcode Flags:
The -ObjC flag Must be added for iOS static libraries (such as the AppLovin SDK) to run correctly.
To enable the -ObjC flag, click on the project settings, go to Build Settings search for Other Linker Flags and add -ObjC.
Step 5. Configure Rewarded Video in Applovin’s Admin
Once the AppLovin Adapter has been added to your build, you need to enable the Rewarded Video functionality in the AppLovin Admin.
- In the AppLovin Admin, go to ‘Manage App’ & select the specific app you want to configure: [Screenshot]
- Scroll to the ‘Rewarded Video’ section and set the following toggles:
- Frequency Capping – Do not frequency cap Rewarded Videos
- Virtual Currency Details – The Supersonic Mediation Adapter will set this, so you can leave the default values
- Display Pre-Video Modal – NO
- Display Post-Video Modal – NO
- Callback Options – Client side callbacks only
- Once finished hit ‘Save’
Verify Your Ad-Network Integration
The Supersonic SDK provides an easy way to verify that your Rewarded Video Mediation integration was completed successfully. To verify your Supersonic and additional Ad Networks integration, follow this document.
You are now all set to deliver AppLovin Ads within your application!
To add additional Rewarded Video Ad networks, follow the integration guides on our Supported Ad Networks list.